2010년 12월 1일 수요일

My Religious World View

It is hard for me to say where my native culture lies due to the fact that I have spent most of my years in Canada but still remained to have family and historical ties with South Korea. However, for me, Canadian culture has ultimately affected me more as most of my developmental years as a mature young adult was spent in Canada. I think like a Canadian, I eat like a Canadian, I talk like a Canadian and most importantly, I have my pride in Canada. As Canada is a very multicultural country with several, if not all religions practiced within the country, this has affected my religious world views. Due to the fact that Canada has been inherited with several religions, I have been exposed to several religions such as, Muslin, Roman Catholic, Christianity, and Buddhism. Through my experience in Canada I have learned that each religion has their advantages and disadvantages. That is why I have personally decided to try to apply each good aspect of each religion to my life.

Through the exposure of several religions, I find that I would be limiting myself if I only apply my life with one ideology. Even if the ideology clashes with every religion, I have decided to find the key lessons that each religions shows to people and develop into an adult that can be open-minded and culturally sensitive to all religions.
Through my experiences, my religious world view has been concluded with the thought that there is no right answer to big questions such as where do i go when i die. As people decide to believe what they feel like is the right answer and the best ideology, I believe in the fact that each religion has a bit of truth, and I have concluded to not shun myself from other truths but to be open to all truths, thoughts and lessons.

댓글 1개:

  1. Interesting post Ryan. I hope and pray that God reveals Himself to you this year through our Lit. studies.

    답글삭제